15 April 2009

Waiting for the points

I'm very excited about the fact that I've ordered my first batch of streamline points for the model. I just had confirmation from the vendor (Osborns models) that they are on their way. When I have the points I will be able to do the final station layout and so decide exactly where the baseboards are best joined at F1-B1 and F5-B5. Because of the clusters of points in the station approaches I need to join the baseboards where the track sections join, not in the middle of a section... hence needing to know how the track lays out before finalising the boards.

I decided not to buy points for the branch line at the moment. I still don't have a clear idea about where the branch line will go, so it seems premature to order in the track and points.

No comments: