27 March 2010

I'm still here!

It may have been two months since my last post, but there has been some progress. Excruciatingly slow progress, yes, but progress nonetheless.

The low-level storage sidings are finally finished, and I can now turn my attention to the feeder tracks. It feels like it won't be long before I am laying track that will actually be visible on the final model - about time too!

Below is a shot of the B5l throat, completed as planned using curved points to save space.














And here are the storage sidings looking the other way:















Continuing round the track from B5, I have also laid a scissors crossing on F5o.














The point motors for the above have been wired in pairs so that one button press changes the route through the entire crossing. It's one of the nicer aspects of the Peco track system that you can do this kind of thing within a normal track configuration. The separation of the running tracks is a little wider than standard, but that's easily corrected in the surrounding trackwork. Immediately to the right of the above photo, the track swings round and climbs towards the F2 tunnel portal.

All things considered, it's going pretty well. But I realised today that it's nearly two years since I first started this blog... and I haven't even got trains running yet!

No comments: